Welcome to ONRamp @ U of T Entrepreneurship! Located in the Banting Institute, ONRamp is a 15,000 square foot collaboration and coworking space for the U of T entrepreneurship community and that of our partner universities: Western University, University of Waterloo, Queen’s University, and McMaster University.
ONRamp connects startups and entrepreneurship programs (incubators/accelerators) across U of T’s tri-campus and our partner organizations with each other as well as helping them accelerate their businesses with access to facilities, events, and the business community in downtown Toronto.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We’re excited to support, amplify, and grow your entrepreneurial ventures!
ONRamp Space at a Glance
The 1st floor of ONRamp is open Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 10:00pm, with the reception desk open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. The entire U of T entrepreneurship community including students, researchers, partners, faculty, alumni, and guests are welcome to access the kitchen, lounge, and hot desks. All are invited to take part in community events. The 1st floor may sometimes be closed for a private event, so please keep an eye on the reception desk signs to stay informed of when the 1st floor of ONRamp may be unavailable.
ONRamp’s 2nd and 5th floors are available 24/7 to ONRamp Members and require fob access to enter. Those who complete the ONRamp Membership application form can receive a key fob to access all amenities including the kitchens, meeting rooms, hot desks, and phone booths on all three floors. They may also apply for a short-term assigned workstation via competitive application form.
Later stage startups may inquire about leased office space in the Banting Institute.
There are many benefits to becoming an ONRamp Member. Find out if you’re eligible below.
Those eligible to apply for ONRamp Membership will be one of the following:
- U of T faculty and/or staff involved in a startup
- Current U of T students or recent alumni (up to 5 years post-graduation) whose startup is actively working with a U of T entrepreneurship program (incubator/accelerator)
- Partner university entrepreneurship community (from McMaster, Western, U of Waterloo, or Queen’s University)
- Others working with our startups or entrepreneurship programs
- Public: A select number of spots will be open to those outside of our community
Annual fees for ONRamp Membership:
1. U of T Entrepreneurship Community Member currently working with a U of T or partner entrepreneurship program (incubator/accelerator):
- Current students/faculty - $50/year
- Alumni - $50/year
- Other - $100/year
2. General membership, including those who have graduated from, or are not currently working with an entrepreneurship program:
- Current students/faculty - $50/year
- Alumni - $100/year
- Other - $300/year
ONRamp Membership for 1-3 requires sponsorship from the entrepreneurship program director. Memberships last until August 31st each year and requires re-application each academic year.
Membership includes a key fob and a choice of ONRamp swag. Key fobs programmed with ONRamp access can be picked up in three business days. Note that Banting Institute exterior door access is programmed after the key fob is picked up and may take up to 72 additional hours to be processed. Lost key fobs can be replaced at a cost of $35.
Any ONRamp $35 keyfob deposits paid before August 31, 2019, can be rolled into the new membership program for September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020 with an adjusted fee. Alternatively, they can be refunded before February 28, 2020. Unclaimed deposits after that date will be forfeited.
ONRamp Members have access to all ONRamp facilities and amenities including:
- Access to the 1st floor of ONRamp during operating hours (9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Friday)
- 24/7 key fob access to the 2nd and 5th floors
- Access to hot desks on all three floors
- Access to the meeting room and phone booth booking system for all three floors
- Access to lockers and rolling cabinets (rental fees apply)
- Access to the Business Centre on the 5th floor
- Mail service at the reception desk
To apply for ONRamp membership, please read the Welcome Guide and Membership Participation Agreement and fill out the Membership Application Form (also available at ONRamp reception).
When your membership is ready, please bring the following to ONRamp reception to complete payment:
- Cash payments only
- Government photo ID copy + photo
Entrepreneurship program director endorsement is required for most membership levels; public membership requires endorsement of U of T Entrepreneurship Managing Director.
Membership requires re-application every academic year after August 31st.
Questions? Contact us.