Welcome to ONRamp @ U of T Entrepreneurship! Located in the Banting Institute, ONRamp is a 15,000 square foot collaboration and coworking space for the U of T entrepreneurship community and that of our partner universities: Western University, University of Waterloo, Queen’s University, and McMaster University.
ONRamp connects startups and entrepreneurship programs (incubators/accelerators) across U of T’s tri-campus and our partner organizations with each other as well as helping them accelerate their businesses with access to facilities, events, and the business community in downtown Toronto.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We’re excited to support, amplify, and grow your entrepreneurial ventures!
ONRamp Space at a Glance
The 1st floor of ONRamp is open Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 10:00pm, with the reception desk open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. The entire U of T entrepreneurship community including students, researchers, partners, faculty, alumni, and guests are welcome to access the kitchen, lounge, and hot desks. All are invited to take part in community events. The 1st floor may sometimes be closed for a private event, so please keep an eye on the reception desk signs to stay informed of when the 1st floor of ONRamp may be unavailable.
ONRamp’s 2nd and 5th floors are available 24/7 to ONRamp Members and require fob access to enter. Those who complete the ONRamp Membership application form can receive a key fob to access all amenities including the kitchens, meeting rooms, hot desks, and phone booths on all three floors. They may also apply for a short-term assigned workstation via competitive application form.
Later stage startups may inquire about leased office space in the Banting Institute.
There are many benefits to becoming an ONRamp Member. Find out if you’re eligible below.
ONRamp Members have access to all ONRamp facilities and amenities including:
- 24/7 key fob access to the 2nd and 5th floors
- Access to hot desks on all three floors
- Access to the meeting room and phone booth booking system for all three floors
- Access to lockers and rolling cabinets (rental fees apply)
- Event discounts and free ticket offers
Those eligible to apply for ONRamp Membership will be one of the following:
- U of T students, faculty, staff or alumni involved in a startup or working with one of our entrepreneurship programs (incubators/accelerators)
- Partner university entrepreneurship community (from McMaster, Western, U of Waterloo, or Queen’s University)
- Non-U of T affiliated people who currently working with our startups or entrepreneurship programs
- General membership available for those who have graduated from our incubators or are external to U of T
- U of T Entrepreneurship Community Member, for those who are currently working with a U of T or partner university entrepreneurship program (incubator/accelerator):
- Current student/faculty/alumni (up to 5 years post graduation): $50.00 + 6.50 HST = $56.50
- Others working with a U of T or partner university entrepreneurship program: $100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
- General membership, including those who have graduated from, or are not currently working with an entrepreneurship program:
- U of T current student/faculty: $50.00 + 6.50 HST = $56.50
- U of T alumni (up to 5 years post graduation): $100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
- Other: $300.00 + 39.00 HST = $339.00
Government photo ID copy + photo is required to complete application process.
More information on ONRamp membership can be found in the ONRamp Welcome Guide and Membership Participation Agreement
Questions? Contact us.