Looking for a community and workspace to build your business? Welcome to ONRamp@UTE! Located at the Banting Institute in the heart of downtown Toronto, ONRamp is a 15,000 square foot collaboration and co-working space for the U of T entrepreneurship community.
ONRamp connects innovative students, their startups and U of T Accelerators across U of T’s tri-campus.
Through access to facilities, events, and the business community in downtown Toronto, ONRamp helps to accelerate venture creation, learning and impact.
ONRamp is a safe and inclusive community where all are welcome. Learn more about our values and expectations of all community members in our Code of Conduct.
Until further notice ONRamp is closed. We look forward to welcoming you back to ONRamp soon and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work together to safeguard the health and safety of our communities.
ONRamp at a glance
Members of ONRamp have access to three floors of co-working space, meeting rooms, event space, and amenities – located steps from the intersection of College and University.
- Reception desk
- Networking lounge
- Business centre
- RBC Hub event space
- Access to two kitchens
- 14 meeting rooms
- 80 workstations
- 4 phone booths
- 24/7 member access
Open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- The entire U of T entrepreneurship community – including students, researchers, partners, faculty, alumni, and guests are welcome to access the first-floor kitchen, lounge, and hot desks.
- Each year, 100+ events are held – the majority of them open to our community.
- The 1st floor may sometimes be closed for a private event. Watch for reception desk signage to stay informed of when the 1st floor of ONRamp may be unavailable.
- Events in ONRamp will also be flagged on the UTE website and via email for ONRamp Members and Banting tenants.
Open 24/7 to ONRamp Members
- ONRamp Member access only, these floors require a key fob to enter
- Those who complete the ONRamp Membership application form can receive a key fob to access all amenities including the kitchens, meeting rooms, hot desks, and phone booths on all three floors
Later-stage startups looking for dedicated office and lab space for their growing teams can inquire about leased office space in the Banting Institute.
ONRamp’s 2nd and 5th floors are available 24/7 to ONRamp Members and require fob access to enter. ONRamp Members can book hot desks on the 5th floor and meeting rooms on the 2nd and 5th floors.
- Access to the 1st floor of ONRamp during operating hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday)
- 24/7 key fob access to the 2nd and 5th floors
- Access to hot desks on the 5th floor
- Access to the meeting room and phone booth booking system for all three floors
- Access to lockers (rental fees apply)
- Access to the Business Centre on the 5th floor
- Mail service at the reception desk
- Event discounts and complimentary ticket offers
- U of T Startup Perks
- U of T Job Board
- Opportunity to apply for dedicated workstations (availability permitting)
For a full listing of restrictions and protocols, please review the ONRamp Reopening Guidelines.
- You are a U of T student, faculty or alumni (less than 2 years since graduation)
- If you are not a U of T student, faculty or alumni (less than 2 years since graduation), you must be currently working with a U of T accelerator or the U of T IPO
- Must have completed U of T’s IP Education Level 1 course. For applicants who already have a strong foundation in their IP knowledge, completion of Level 1 can be replaced by completion of a Level 2 Topic. If you already have extensive knowledge or experience with IP matters and wish to take Level 2 without taking Level 1, please request a waiver of the Level 1 pre-requisite on the Level 2 Registration Forms by typing “OnRamp Application Waiver” in the field that asks “What date did you complete Level 1?” Read more about why IP Education is important in the ONRamp Welcome Guide & Membership Participation Agreement.
- $56.50 ($50.00 + $6.50 HST) for 1-year membership
- Not prorated and non-refundable
Applications will open soon for the 2021-22 academic year. Please sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter or check back here for updates.
In the meantime, please read the ONRamp Welcome Guide and Membership Participation Agreement and ONRamp Reopening Guidelines.
The following guidelines and procedures for the ONRamp spaces in the Banting Institute have been implemented to ensure the safety and health of our entrepreneurship community and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Schedule a tour of ONRamp
Learn more about the U of T Entrepreneurship Community