Looking for a community and workspace to build your business? Welcome to ONRamp@UTE! Located at the Banting Institute in the heart of downtown Toronto, ONRamp is a 15,000 square foot collaboration and co-working space for the U of T entrepreneurship community.
ONRamp connects innovative students, their startups and U of T Accelerators across U of T’s tri-campus.
Through access to facilities, events, and the business community in downtown Toronto, ONRamp helps to accelerate venture creation, learning and impact.
ONRamp is a safe and inclusive community where all are welcome. Learn more about our values and expectations of all community members in our Code of Conduct.
Our doors are open! If you’re looking for a supportive community and safe workspace to build your startup, look no further than the ONRamp at U of T Entrepreneurship.
ONRamp at a glance
Members of ONRamp have access to three floors of co-working space, meeting rooms, event space, and amenities – located steps from the intersection of College and University.
- Reception desk
- Networking lounge
- Business centre
- RBC Hub event space
- Access to two kitchens
- 14 meeting rooms
- 80 workstations
- 4 phone booths
- 24/7 member access
Open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- The entire U of T entrepreneurship community – including students, researchers, partners, faculty, alumni, and guests are welcome to access the first-floor kitchen, lounge, and hot desks.
- Each year, 100+ events are held – the majority of them open to our community.
- The 1st floor may sometimes be closed for a private event. Watch for reception desk signage to stay informed of when the 1st floor of ONRamp may be unavailable.
- Events in ONRamp will also be flagged on the UTE website and via email for ONRamp Members and Banting tenants.
Open 24/7 to ONRamp Members
- ONRamp Member access only, these floors require a key fob to enter
- Those who complete the ONRamp Membership application form can receive a key fob to access all amenities including the kitchens, meeting rooms, hot desks, and phone booths on all three floors
Later-stage startups looking for dedicated office and lab space for their growing teams can inquire about leased office space in the Banting Institute.
ONRamp’s 2nd and 5th floors are available 24/7 to ONRamp Members and require fob access to enter. ONRamp Members can use hot desks and book meeting rooms on the 2nd and 5th floors.
- Access to the 1st floor of ONRamp during operating hours (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Friday)
- 24/7 key fob access to the 2nd and 5th floors
- Access to hot desks on the 5th floor
- Access to the meeting room and phone booth booking system for all three floors
- Access to lockers (rental fees apply)
- Access to the Business Centre on the 5th floor
- Mail service at the reception desk
- Event discounts and complimentary ticket offers
- U of T Startup Perks
- U of T Job Board
- Opportunity to apply for dedicated workstations (availability permitting)
For a full listing of restrictions and protocols, please review the ONRamp Reopening Guidelines.
- You are a U of T student, faculty or alumni (less than 2 years since graduation)
- If you are not a U of T student, faculty or alumni (less than 2 years since graduation), you must be currently working with a U of T accelerator or the U of T IPO
- Must have completed U of T’s IP Education Level 1 course through the Quercus system. If you do not have a UTORID to register, you can request one by typing in “request UTORID” in the UTORID field of the registration form. Please note, requesting a UTORID may take up to 2-3 business days to process.
- For applicants who already have a strong foundation in their IP knowledge, completion of Level 1 can be replaced by completion of a Level 2 Topic. If you already have extensive knowledge or experience with IP matters and wish to take Level 2 without taking Level 1, please request a waiver of the Level 1 pre-requisite on the Level 2 Registration Forms by typing “OnRamp Application Waiver” in the field that asks “What date did you complete Level 1?”
- Read more about why IP Education is important in the ONRamp Welcome Guide & Membership Participation Agreement.
- $56.50 ($50.00 + $6.50 HST) for 1-year membership
- Not prorated and non-refundable
The following guidelines and procedures for the ONRamp spaces in the Banting Institute have been implemented to ensure the safety and health of our entrepreneurship community and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Apply today to join the ONRamp at U of T Entrepreneurship!
Have questions? Contact the Entrepreneurship Facilities Coordinator
Schedule a tour of ONRamp and/or Banting Institute