The RBC Scholarships for Diversity and Innovation in Technology will support Women and members of other equity-deserving groups, including Black and/or Indigenous students, with an interest in a career at the intersection of technology and financial services, based on academic achievement and innovative accomplishment.
The RBC Scholarships will be used to support up to six eligible students annually over a two-year period:
- Each scholarship will be valued at $15,000/year
- Renewable for a second year so long as the recipient remains enrolled full-time at U of T and maintains a minimum GPA
- Recipients must be 3rd year undergraduate students enrolled full-time at the University of Toronto as of September 1, 2022.
- Eligible candidates should identify as Women, Black or Indigenous students and be enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, or the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Arts & Science.
- Students from equity-deserving groups who are in other technology-focused disciplines or who can demonstrate technology-focused experience will also be considered.
Equity-deserving groups at U of T include the following across all faculties:
- Registered with Accessibility Services
and / or
- Women (Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering or the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Arts & Science only)
- June 6, 2022 – Applications open
- July 27, 2022 – Applications close
- Aug 2 to Sep 16, 2022 – Adjudication process
- Fall 2022 – Scholarships awarded and announced
All award applications will be reviewed and assessed by an adjudication committee comprising of RBC representatives, entrepreneurship and innovation staff and faculty members, researchers and directors, and will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest in exploring a future career in Technology
- Experience working on an innovative solution and evidence of an entrepreneurial mindset
- Academic achievement
Please submit your application form before 5:00 p.m. EST on July 27, 2022. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please direct all questions regarding the RBC Scholarships or application process to:
Program & Business Services Coordinator, University of Toronto Entrepreneurship
Subject line: Questions: RBC Scholarships