AmacaThera is focused on developing a unique, injectable hydrogel platform technology that addresses the critical problem of sustaining therapeutic delivery of pharmacological agents for multiple disease areas.
Meet the brilliant minds on the frontlines of Canada’s healthcare revolution
MaRS Impact Health brings together all members of the ecosystem to commercialize health tech, improve patient outcomes and innovate the healthcare system.
This May 25-27, you’re invited to MaRS Impact Health — three days of talks, demos, debates, and bold ideas.
MaRS Impact Health features the most promising companies and discoveries solving today’s biggest health challenges. Meet the brilliant minds improving healthcare on a global scale: entrepreneurs, investors, academics, clinicians and policymakers.
Our programming showcases new technologies, featuring some of the most renowned leaders in the health industry:
● Innovation: Hear from the brilliant minds behind the latest technologies and trends through lightning talks, live panels and demos.
● Business: Gain insight from health and biotech investors leading the unprecedented boom in Canadian funding.
● Transformation: Learn how healthcare providers, industry insiders and governments are looking to transform practices, procedures and infrastructure in a post-COVID-19 world.
U of T Speakers
Hear from experts in health innovation from U of T, including faculty members and startup founders:
- Chris Ahuja, CEO & CMO, Inteligex
- Mohammad Ali Amini, CEO, Nanology Labs
- Catherine Chan, CEO & Co-founder Honeybee Health
- Mike Cooke, Co-founder, AmacaThera
- Leah Cowen, Vice President, Research an Innovation, and Strategic Initiatives, U of T
- Brendan Frey, CEO & Founder, Deep Genomics
- Daniel Gelman, CEO & Founder, Aufero Medical
- Omar Khan, Assistant Professor, U of T
- Helen Kontozopoulos, Founder, ODAIA
- Tom Leung, CSO and Co-founder, BenchSci
- Molly Shoichet, Professor, U of T, and Co-founder, AmacaThera
Featured U of T Startups
Deep Genomics Inc. develops an artificial intelligence-powered discovery platform that supports geneticists, molecular biologists, chemists, toxicologists, and drug developers in the identification and development of genetic medicines. Deep Genomics Inc….
QurCan Therapeutics develops a novel theranostic technology with capability of detecting brain tumor at early stages using MRI. Simultaneously, it sensitizes cancer cells which improves the radiation therapy outcome. Formerly…
No allTags saved to the post yet …