During this live virtual event, Johnson & Johnson Innovation will present their external academic collaboration model and walk you through how they work side-by-side with innovators throughout their journey, providing a robust exchange of ideas and resources to support their success. There will also be presentations from U of T startups that are currently incubating or have recently graduated from JLABS@Toronto sharing their lived experiences.
About Johnson & Johnson Innovation Johnson & Johnson Innovation seeks to positively impact human health through innovation by helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams of creating healthcare solutions that improve people’s lives around the world.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation are comprised of a family of complementary teams that bring meaningful solutions and flexible approaches to support collaboration. These teams include their deal teams and therapeutic experts for early-stage development, their established venture capital arm, their incubation arm for onsite support of early-stage companies and their business development group focusing on later-stage development. The Johnson & Johnson Innovation family brings expertise across all sectors: consumer, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and global public health.
About Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS @ Toronto (JLABS @ Toronto)JLABS @ Toronto became the sixth JLABS site in 2016, and the first to be located outside the U.S. Situated right in downtown Toronto within the MaRS Discovery District, North America’s largest urban innovation hub, JLABS @ Toronto is surrounded by researchers, investors, government, and entrepreneurs, all supporting the advancement of healthcare innovation.
JLABS values great ideas and help innovators unleash the potential of their early scientific discoveries, by:
- Providing them with state-of-the-art infrastructure (lab and offices) if needed
- Assigning startups a mentor to help them on their journey and connect them to the JLABS network of professionals
- Giving startups access to their vast investor community
- Offering innovators the training and skills they need
- Dr. Jennifer Hamilton, Senior Director, Early Innovation Partnering, Johnson & Johnson Innovation (Canada)
- Dr. Dozie Amuzie, Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS Canada
- Liam Kaufman, CEO & Cofounder, Winterlight Labs
- Natalie Galant, CEO & Cofounder, Paradox Immunotherapeutics
At the end of the session, participants will have:
- A good understanding of Johnson & Johnson Innovation and JLABS’ external collaboration model as well as their key research areas of interest in the healthcare sector
- Gather insights from U of T startups that are currently incubating, or have recently graduated from JLABS@Toronto
- A call for proposals for U of T innovators to meet with the J&J team 1:1 and discuss collaboration opportunities
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm EST
No allTags saved to the post yet …