|The Pitch Perfect Competition is an annual Temerty Faculty of Medicine and Health Innovation Hub (H2i) initiative that celebrates and supports health-related student innovations. Selected student projects will be invited to present a pitch for their entrepreneurial ideas; winners will be awarded student Innovation Fellowships to help develop their innovations.|
Interested in participating?
Applications will open on Sep 20, 2021. Please stay tuned and check out H2i’s website for more information about application guidelines and criteria. Successful applicants will each provide 5-minute pitches, followed by 5 minutes for Q&A with a panel of judges from the Temerty Faculty of Medicine and industry.
Applications Open: Monday, Sep 20, 2021.
Applications Close: Sunday, Sep 26, 2021.
Decision Notice: Successful applicants will be notified on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Mentorship Hours: Successful applicants will be granted mentorship with H2i’s lead mentors. This is an invaluable opportunity to practice your pitch and receive impactful feedback to help perfect it!
Pitch Competition: Pitch Perfect 2021 will take place on Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
- Clinical VR aims to utilize virtual reality (VR) to dramatically reduce pain and anxiety during medical procedures to improve clinical outcomes, enrich patient experience, and enhance clinician experience.
- Epiloid Biotechnology is looking to analyze the electrical signaling of organoids, using a tailor-made multi-electrode array and custom machine learning algorithms to assess which anti-epileptic medication will be most effective for a patient’s brain tissue.
- Flora Bioworks is leveraging the most cutting-edge technologies to build a platform capable of delivering unprecedented insight on patients’ microbiomes in the context of health, disease, and recommendation of intervention strategies.
- HDAX is looking to advance into clinical studies in coming years over emerging strategies targeting epigenetic processes, including the HDAC6 protein which has been validated in multiple myeloma patients.
- Salibiotics with their expertise in the clinical and scientific areas of oral health and microbiology have developed a novel anti-caries product – a powerful oral probiotic capable of killing 99% of the main bacteria involved in causing tooth cavities. This probiotic is a commensal bacterium with the potential to offer sustainable and long-term probiotic benefits.
- SMS NanoTech has developed a low-cost fluid-based approach coupled with nanostructured materials. The predicted high sensitivity and selectivity along with the low manufacturing cost of their technology form an ideal diagnostic tool for rapid SARS-CoV-2 detection.