Join Novo Nordisk on Monday, November 21, 2022
for their first Pitch Competition!
This is an opportunity for Catalyst Grant applicants to showcase their ideas to community stakeholders in Peel and University of Toronto.
It is also a great way for those in Peel to learn about potential projects of interest to their community or organization, and for applicants to learn about potential partners and collaborators already working in the region.
Each applicant will provide a short, easy-to-understand overview of their project and take questions from the judges and audience. This virtual session will help determine which projects have the most potential to improve health outcomes in Peel and who will receive Catalyst Grant funding.
Projects that are invited to the next phase of the event will be selected and notified during the event!
• Vasanti Malik – Increasing Knowledge, Reducing Risk: A lifestyle intervention program
to reduce the burden of diabetes in Peel
• Jeffrey Alfonsi – RxFood: Offering anytime dietary guidance to improve health for
employees at community organizations in the Peel region, Ontario
• Jue Wang – Investigate the impacts of the urban built environment on type-2 diabetes
in the Peel Region
• Lisa McCarthy – DIAL-P: Deintenstifying DIAbetes Management for Older Adults in
Long-Term Care in Peel
• Calvin Ke – Developing and Implementing Multicomponent Integrated Care for Adults
with Young-Onset Type 2 Diabetes in Peel Region
• Katerina Maximova – Toward implementing Comprehensive School Health in
disadvantaged and racialized metropolitan communities to promote health and tackle
• Terence Tang – Reducing health inequities in severe diabetic foot infection and amputation by engaging at-risk communities to optimize implementation of evidence-based strategies