Singapore Management University is the organizer of the Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC), Asia’s largest university start-up challenge.
LKYGBPC derives its name from Singapore’s founding prime minister, who developed the country’s own defining business plan to bring the Asian city onto the global stage.
Every year, LKYGBPC receives strong support from government agencies, corporations, VCs, Institutes of Higher Learning in Singapore and around the world.
This competition aims to illuminate startups that create innovative solutions for a smart, sustainable and resilient future and most importantly, convene the innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystem for a week-long of activities in Singapore.
To put the outcomes for the 10th edition of the LKYGBPC into perspective:
- Over 850 submissions received (with 115% increase from the 9th edition)
- More than 70% of Top 100 universities represented
- Over 28,000 local and international event participants
- More than 6,200 attendees to international roadshows
- 292 ecosystem stakeholders (judges, mentors, investors & more) volunteered over 800 hours
- 124 successful meetings between senior venture investors and start-ups during VC Office Hours
To build upon the success of the 10th edition, LKYGBPC is returning in 2023 with the theme: Innovations Beyond Boundaries, where they look at the role of technologies across various industry verticals in solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.