Connect with Black industry professionals from across the GTA, and prepare for life after university with our “Black Professionals” Event.
About this event
This event consists of motivational keynotes, panel discussions and workshops where professionals will share their career development/journey and students will have an opportunity to learn about the professionals’ experience navigating their identity and work.
This year we have a panel of outstanding professionals including a keynote from Former MP, Author and Public Speaker, Celina Caesar-Chavannes.
We will also be facilitating multiple engaging workshops to support your career skills and improve your financial literacy.
This Years Black Professionals Day will include:
- Celina Caesar-Chavennes – Author and Former MP
- Efosa Obano – Founder/Manager – Black Founders Network (University of Toronto)
- Masini McDermott – Life in a Year, Disney Cruise Line,
- Dorian Grey – Actor, TV Series Transplant,
- Del Cowie – Music Journalist, Producer & Research – Netflix Hip Hop Evolution
- Financial Wealth Facilitated by: ScotiaBank Black Employee Network
- Purpose Building Facilitated by: Michel Shah – The UpSkill Corporation Inc.
- Gradute Studies – Do I need it to establish myself in my career / steps to take if I want to apply for Grad school?
Lunch – Registration is required
Socacize Session – In between our programming we will also have Socacize, a creative blend of authentic Caribbean and African dance techniques, in harmony with effective fitness moves, resulting in a unique, non-judgmental and exhilarating dance fitness program.
10:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
No allTags saved to the post yet …