Join us from 5:30pm to 6:30pm on Thursday, December 15 for the Ideation Lab Pitch Competition! Watch 5 finalists compete for prize money and in-kind prizes, see examples of how the pitching process works, and understand what to expect from investors and interested parties.
This event is facilitated by ICUBE at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) and will be held virtually via ZOOM. Register for free using the Eventbrite link below!
- Member of the Fall 2022 Ideation Lab
- Successfully completed 3 online modules as part of the program requirements
- Attended 2 virtual and/or in-person events before the time of application
The panel of judges will be looking for the venture’s:
- Opportunity: A clearly identified problem and articulated and compelling value proposition
- Viability and impact: Demonstrated traction, market opportunity and knowledge
- Growth potential: Sustainable and scalable idea
- Innovation: Intellectual property and/or strong competitive differentiation
- Talent: A strong team
- Communication skills: An effective and persuasive overall application and pitch presentation
- 1st place: $3,500.00 + $500.00 in-kind support from Optinum to work on your blueprint to optimize for positive social impact or financial sustainability”
- 2nd place: 1,000.00
- PC: $500.00
Prabaarja Bedi is a two-time entrepreneur and marketer passionate about social impact and environmental sustainability with strong interpersonal and networking skills. With over seven years of professional experience, she has worked in growth marketing, as an entrepreneur in the sustainable fashion and wellness living industries, and as a research associate with a global investment business for early-stage entrepreneurs. Aarja is an MBA from Babson College with a major in entrepreneurship. As an entrepreneur, she has graduated from various accelerators and incubators in the US and Canada.