- This event has passed.
Building a Biotech Venture
January 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Looking to translate your regenerative medicine research or technology into a product or venture but don’t know where to start?
Take your first steps toward entrepreneurship with Building a Biotech Venture, a new program for trainees in Medicine by Design-funded labs offered in partnership with the Health Innovation Hub (H2i), a campus-linked accelerator at the Temerty Faculty of Medicine at U of T.
Through a series of workshops over winter/spring 2021, you will:
- learn how to think about your research in terms of a product or business;
- connect with peers to form a venture team;
- develop your product or venture “story”;
- build a business canvas and pitch deck; and
- receive mentoring and guidance from industry experts throughout the process.
The program will culminate in a pitch competition in spring 2021 where the winning team will receive up to $25,000 in research funding to advance their product or venture concept.