Lab2Market Launch is a 12-week summer accelerator that brings together members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem from across Canada to turn ideas into viable businesses.
The program is designed for ambitious entrepreneurial students and research teams who are committed to forming, building, and growing technology-based ventures. Participants benefit from local innovation hubs while also receiving access to the broader network and credibility of the national Lab2Market program.
Lab2Market Launch is offered at no cost to participants, with teams receiving tailored instruction, mentorship, and coaching from successful entrepreneurs & industry experts, a simulated board of directors, and up to $15,000.00 in funding in the form of milestone payments.
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023.
Lab2Market Launch is open to students, researchers, and recent graduates in the STEM field of study who have a technology-based idea. The program is run nationally and is currently hosted in Atlantic Canada, Ontario, and Quebec.
- Teams must contain between two and five members and all participating members should be founders or at the founder level.
- At least one participating team member must be a current student, postdoctoral student, or recent graduate (i.e., applying to Lab2Market within two years of graduating from their academic program.)
- Teams must commit to working full-time on their start-up for the duration of the summer and must present at the Pitch Day event in September.
- Teams must have some understanding of the entrepreneurial process and must demonstrate familiarity with common frameworks including Disciplined Entrepreneurship, Lean Startup, Business Model Canvas, and the like.
- Teams must disclose in their application all sources of funding that the team has received.
- Be advised that we are looking for teams that can significantly gain from the program — meaning we will not always prioritize those that are closest to being full-fledged companies.