Module 1 Contents:
Module 2 Contents:
Module 3 Contents:
The content in this course is for purposes of general information regarding some basic principles of intellectual property law. IT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS LEGAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. Please seek independent legal counsel if you have a particular question for which legal advice is required.
Introduction to Module 1: Definition of Intellectual Property and its Different Forms
Completing Module 1 will require completion of:
- Review of all slides and completion of all activities questions
- Completion of Module 1 Quiz, with a passing grade of at least 80%
This module is an introduction to Intellectual Property (IP) and the different forms of IP rights.
Upon completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Define the concept of IP
- Identify and distinguish the most common forms of IP rights
- Explain the criteria for obtaining each type of IP right
- Describe the protection that each form of IP rights provides
There will be a quiz on this module to test these learning objectives.