Application Deadline: 2021 RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The 2021 RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is an annual business pitch competition offering $50,000+ in prizes to recognize, reward, and accelerate the University of Toronto’s most innovative student startups. Part of U of T Entrepreneurship Week True Blue Expo, the competition will take place Thursday, March 11, 2021. Selected individuals or teams will compete by showcasing their business idea via a five-minute pitch to a panel of judges. Who is eligible to compete?
- University of Toronto entrepreneurship community: At least one founder is a current full-time U of T student or recent alumni from a full-time program (i.e. graduated no earlier than July 2019). Open to all faculties and sectors across the tri-campus.
- *Early Stage Prize: Startups must have less than $20,000 cumulative funding or investment (not including research grants), and less than $20,000 cumulative revenue as of November 6, 2020.
- **Later Stage Prize: Startups must have between $20,000 and $100,000 cumulative funding or investment (not including research grants), and less than $100,000 in cumulative revenue as of November 6, 2020.
- Entrants must be able to present their pitch to the panelists on March 11, 2021; if social distancing or other restrictions are in place, this event could be virtual.
- Startups are only eligible to pitch one time in the RBC Prize.
- Companies who are not yet incorporated may apply, however incorporation is required in order to receive the prize money.
Friday, November 06, 2020
Share this page