On January 25th, we hosted Building an Inclusive Community from Startup to Scaleup in partnership with our community partner, Canadian Women’s Network. The virtual event included a highly-engaging and thought-provoking conversation between three spectacular EDI leaders:
- Ingrid Harb CEO, NOTA Inclusion, Founder & CEO Women Ambassadors Forum
- Jahanzaib Ansari Co-founder and CEO of Knockri, key advisory member to the World Economic Forum’s Global Council on Equality & Inclusion
- Rachel Williams Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer at The Motley Fool
Moderated by Nicole Kaniki, Director of EDI, Research & Innovation, University of Toronto.
Here are some key takeaways from our conversation:
- Own your power: Frame your position at the table as an opportunity to share your unique voice.
- Change requires measurement: Building an inclusive workplace requires collecting data and optimizing for the smallest number.
- Emphasize people over profit: When employees feel comfortable and able to be vulnerable, they will make a larger impact in the organization.