- This event has passed.
Venture Capital 101: A Primer on Venture Capital
January 11, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Innovations & Partnerships Office invites you to attend a free seminar that will help you understand venture capital with respect to entrepreneurship.
Where: Sanford Fleming Building, 10 King’s College Rd., Room 1101
When: Monday, January 11th, 2-3pm
This seminar will explore these questions:
- Does your Newco have what it takes to secure VC financing?
- Who is investing in academic startups?
- What technology sectors are most likely to get funded?
- How should you and your colleagues approach potential investors?
- When should you seek funding from non-dilutive sources, family and friends, angels, crowdfunding?
- What’s hot and what’s not in VC financing today?
- Who should be the CEO?