- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: SHOWCASE YOUR WORK
May 17, 2019 @ 11:59 pm
Calling all U of T graduate students!
Have you recently written an amazing paper or worked on a wonderful project? Do you have a creative visual eye?
U of T Libraries is giving you the chance to show off your creative chops — in an exhibit! Take a research project you’ve already worked on, and turn these ideas in an eye-catching display.
Enter our annual graduate student exhibit contest — winning projects will be featured at the Robarts Library in a special student display, and up to three $1000 prizes will be awarded.
Open to all current University of Toronto graduate students at the St. George, Mississauga, and Scarborough campuses. Students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.Proposals may be submitted by either individuals or groups.
Three prizes of $1000, per exhibit proposal winning entry.Note: The prize will be awarded at the discretion of the awards committee and all three prizes may not be awarded annually.
- The contest opens April 1, 2019 and runs until May 17, 2019. Winners will be contacted in October 2019.
- All University of Toronto graduate students who are current students at the time of submission are eligible to enter.
- Exhibits must be based on papers or projects created while a graduate student at the University of Toronto (Papers or projects completed for course work, thesis/dissertation, or research conducted while enrolled at the University of Toronto during Spring 2018/Summer 2018, Fall 2018 or Winter 2019 are eligible for submission). Eligibility will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
- Proposals and exhibits must be produced entirely by University of Toronto graduate students (no faculty, professional designers, etc).
- Proposals must include a letter of support from their supervisor/instructor.
- Prizes will be awarded per proposal (not per individual, regardless of the number of group members involved).
- The proposals will be evaluated by a panel of judges comprised of U of T library staff and faculty (see FAQ for evaluation criteria).
- The U of T Libraries reserves the right to take and use photographs of all exhibit materials in library communications.
- The winners of the award will be expected to participate fully in arranging an exhibition in Robarts Library, including some of the items listed in their bibliography.
- Final exhibit plan must be completed by November 29, 2019. Exhibits must be completed and mounted by January 10, 2020. Exhibits will be mounted for a 1-month duration and winners will be responsible to teardown by February 29, 2020.
- Contest submission deadline: Friday May 17, 2019 at 11:59 pm
- Completion date of final exhibit plan: Friday November 29, 2019
- Completion of exhibit mounting: Friday January 10, 2020
- Exhibit teardown: Saturday February 29, 2020
- Prize Ceremony: January 2020 (date TBA)
HOW TO ENTER
Submit your entry via online entry form by Friday May 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST.