- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: Business Model Validation Course
July 14, 2019$100
How do you make money?
- Our 5-week online course is designed to help emerging business leaders create a sustainable business model and develop a framework for validating that model.
- It’s designed for emerging business leaders and innovators that want a masterclass in business model validation.
Our next cohort launches July 3. Registration closes July 14.
July 3 – August 7 | $100
If you are a member of a Regional Innovation Centre (e.g., MaRS, Communitech, Invest Ottawa), this course requires a refundable deposit of $100. In order to receive a refund, you must meet these requirements: you have completed 100% of the course materials on our learning platform; you have attended 3 out of 5 master classes; you have completed the post-survey within 2 weeks of the end of the course.
If you are a member of the public, the cost of this course is $100.
What you’ll get
- Workbook exercises each week
- Total of 40 hours, 8 hours of learning a week, fit around your schedule
- 3 ongoing tests to validate your business model
- Four live, online master classes
- Access to the MaRS BMC community on Slack
- Continued help post-course
- Certificate of Completion
Module one (8 hours)
- Understand the lean startup method and the importance of mapping out your business model.
Module two (8 hours + masterclass 1 & 2 on July 10)
- Delve into the Business Model Canvas and its different components.
Module three (8 hours + masterclass 3 on July 17)
- Start testing different areas of your business model.
Module four (8 hours + masterclass 4 on July 31)
- Gather customer data, and start to pivot and re-test areas.
Module five (8 hours + masterclass 5 on Aug 7)
- Tell the story of your business model and learn how to pitch.
All masterclasses occur on Wednesdays from 4 – 6pm.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the lean startup method and why the business model canvas is used
- Complete your business model canvas and make adjustments based on feedback
- Conduct ongoing tests to validate how you keep your business profitable
- Identify areas of your model that require pivoting
- Learn to pitch and tell the story of your business model
You’ll make real progress in 5 weeks.
Our course is practical. We focus on tactics that (if done right) will accelerate the growth of your company.
We’re here to support you.
Weekly live, online sessions and access to our online Slack community of entrepreneurs from around the world, testing and validating your business model together.
We move fast.
This isn’t your average course on business models. We connected experts with deep experience from these fields. We’ll help you build a sustainable and tested business model.
Let’s advance the world together.
MaRS has accelerated the growth of thousands of young companies since we got started in 2005 whose technologies and solutions meaningfully improve lives everyday. Your potential is unlimited.
More questions? Get in touch.