- This event has passed.
Mastering Talent: Startup Compensation 2.0
February 26, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm$65
“The sooner you think about your compensation philosophy, the stronger the position you’ll be in to hire and retain the best talent in the market.” – Homebrew
At this session of Mastering Talent, you’ll learn about:
- Relevant compensation trends and best practices to apply to your high-growth company;
- Using total compensation in your talent attraction;
- Building out your compensation structure; and
- Planning and leveraging equity in attraction and retention of critical talent.
You’ll also gain access to an online module with insightful resources and tools.
Who should attend:
- C-suite in high-growth companies including CEO, COO, CFO and CHRO
- High-growth startups that are growing more than 20 per cent YOY
- HR, talent acquisition and recruiting leaders in high-growth companies
8–8:30 a.m.: Breakfast and networking
8:30–8:45 a.m.: Welcome — Daneal Charney, director, Talent, Venture Services, MaRS
8:45–9:30 a.m.: Defining your compensation strategy — Angela Dawson, senior compensation lead, Shopify
9:30–10:15 a.m.: Creating a competitive compensation structure — Dee DiPietro, founder, Advanced-HR
10:15–10:30 a.m.: Networking break
10:30–11:00 a.m.: Equity panel Q&A with David Brennan, CFO, ecobee; Jared Tessis, head of talent, Klass Capital
11–11:30 a.m.: Session Q&A
11:30–12 p.m.: MaRS Talent compensation data, tools resources and close — Heather McCarthy, manager, talent advisory, MaRS