- This event has passed.
Legal Dos and Don’ts for U of T Startups
March 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Lawyers Marc Lampert and Alex Koch will be conducting a free one-hour workshop on practical legal tips for startup companies. There will be an interactive discussion centred around an introduction to various concepts and strategies on business structures, technology contracts and intellectual property (“IP”).
You will gain a better understanding of the range of legal issues that a growing startup will encounter, as well as how to navigate around common pitfalls to position a startup for long-term success. Information will be presented on the following topics:
- Business structure for startups
- Corporate governance
- Employment-related concerns for startups
- Technology-related contracts
- Contract considerations for tech companies
- Introduction to patent, trade secret, and trademark protection
- IP strategies and best practices
This session is being hosted as part of U of T Entrepreneurship Week. View our full calendar.