- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: Invention of the Year Awards 2016
March 24, 2016
The Innovations & Partnerships Office on behalf the Vice-President, Research and Innovation is pleased to invite nominations for the Invention of the Year Award – 2016.
The University of Toronto encourages creativity and innovation within the University community and also the translation of knowledge for the greatest possible public benefit, including through the development of products, processes or services from inventions created at the University. The Invention of the Year Award recognizes and celebrates UofT inventors and discoveries which have made, or have the potential for significant socioeconomic benefits to Canada and beyond.
The evaluation criteria include: inventiveness, knowledge translation and/or commercialization, socioeconomic impact. Successful nominations should have made some demonstrable progress in the translation of the invention into the marketplace or society.
- Nominated inventions must have been made by faculty, staff, students and/or trainees while at The University of Toronto and including those that may have received support from the Innovations & Partnerships Office and/or through a UofT Campus Linked Accelerator and The Banting and Best Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Nominators must not have been a contributor towards the creation of the invention.
- Inventiveness: The creativity and novelty of the nominated idea or innovation, and the degree of advancement over the current state of knowledge.
- Knowledge translation and/or commercialization: Current and future plans to implement the invention into a product, process or service towards its adoption into the marketplace and/or society.
- Socioeconomic impact(s) within Canada and beyond: Current and potential impacts to society, health, the environment and/or economic development.
Nomination forms : IOY 2016 Nomination Form
Award Nomination Process:
Nomination forms are available online and should be submitted by March 24, 2016 to the Innovations & Partnerships Office at email@example.com
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research – Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-5557