- This event has passed.
Introduction to Mobile App Development
March 20, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
This introduction is a high-level tour of the world of app development, for entrepreneurs and others interested in designing or prototyping a mobile app. It is intended to help you understand the app design process and development ecosystem, and the decisions you will need to make during design and development. A laptop is not required for this workshop. This is an introductory workshop for those with very little to no knowledge of mobile app development.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of mobile app structure and architecture
- Knowledge of the differences between app architecture types – native vs. hybrid
- Ability to identify the tools used in app development
- Strategies and tools for app marketing and distribution
- Inspiration for awesome features for your app by browsing the advanced services provided by iOS and Android
- A preview of how prototypes are turned into functional apps.
Next session: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 from 1 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: ONRamp, RBC Innovation Hub, 100 College St.
Instructor: Mike Spears, MADLab Manager | email@example.com
If you have questions about this workshop, please email Chris Kim, Entrepreneurship Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This workshop is free and registration is required. However, we have a minimum attendance threshold for this course to run. If you cannot attend this workshop, and fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing others on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign-in next to your name on the attendance sheet for this workshop. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
This event is part of U of T Entrepreneurship Week.