- This event has passed.
Impact Centre – Industry Day: Light-Based Technologies for Photonics
September 10, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us on September 10th for our third IYL Industry Day
looking at the various applications of light and photonics.
The applications of photonics are manifold. They can be found everywhere in our daily lives, e.g. in telecommunications, lighting, information processing, robotics, biophotonics etc. The use of light through photonics has revolutionized many industries. With the advances in light sources and optical fibre material, the photonic field has received much attention in academia and industry over the last decades. With our last of three Industry Day we aim to highlight the importance of light in this worldwide growing sector.
Come out on September 10th to
- find out about the applications and need for photonics based technologies in many different industry sectors
- network with a wide variety of participants, spanning industry, researchers, and government
- experience the products of some of Toronto’s newest start-ups in the light and photonics scene
- connect with partners for your next project.
- Designing or providing photonics based products?
- using photonic properties in your equipment or products?
- interested in partnering with industry or academia?
- looking to learn about the applications of photonics-based products and devices?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this event is for you!