- This event has passed.
Business Model Course
March 11, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$100
How do you make money?
Our 5-week online course is designed to help emerging business leaders create a sustainable business model and develop a framework for validating that model.
Our next cohort starts March 11, 2019.
Registration closes March 15
March 11 – April 12 | $100
Online video calls every Wednesday, 4-6pm
If you are a member of a Regional Innovation Centre, this course requires a refundable deposit of $100. In order to receive a refund, you must meet these requirements: you have completed 100% of the course materials on our learning platform; you have attended 3 out of 5 master classes; you have completed the post-survey within 2 weeks of the end of the course.
If you are a member of the public, the cost of this course is $100.
What you’ll get
- Hands-on exercises each week to build your business
- A total of 40 hours of learning (8hrs/week), to fit around your schedule
- A selection of tests to validate your business model
- Five online master classes, and access to future master classes
- Access to the MaRS community on Slack – forever!
- Continued help post-course
- A certificate of completion
Module one (6 hours + 2-hour masterclass #1 on March 13)
Understand the lean startup method and the importance of mapping out your business model.
Module two (6 hours + 2-hour masterclass #2 on March 20)
Delve into the Business Model Canvas and its different components.
Module three (6 hours + 2-hour masterclass #3 on March 27)
Start testing different areas of your business model.
Module four (6 hours + 2-hour masterclass #4 on April 3)
Gather customer data, and start to pivot and re-test areas.
Module five (6 hours + 2-hour masterclass #5 on April 10)
Tell the story of your business model and learn how to pitch.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the lean startup method and why the business model canvas is used
- Iterate on your business model canvas and make adjustments based on feedback
- Conduct ongoing tests to validate how to keep your business sustainable
- Identify areas of your model that require pivoting
- Learn how to tell the story of your business model
You’ll make real progress in 5 weeks
Our course is practical. We focus on tactics that, if done right, will accelerate the growth of your company.
We’re here to support you
We’ll give you access to weekly live, online video calls with expert facilitators and access to our online Slack community, where entrepreneurs from around the world are testing and validating your business model together. We’ll connect you with experts with deep experience in these fields so you can make a real difference in your business.
We move fast
This isn’t your average course on business models. Each master class is an intensive workshop session designed to dig into the gaps of your business. We’ll help you work towards a sustainable and tested business model.
Let’s advance the world together
Since 2005, MaRS has accelerated the growth of thousands of young companies whose technologies and solutions meaningfully improve lives everyday. Are you ready to join them?