- This event has passed.
Building a Cross-Border Business to Optimize Access to Capital
September 10, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
You are a running a promising Canadian life science start-up and seeking funding. You have access to incentives in Canada but need to consider additional options. The market and resources outside of Canada—specifically in the USA–are a natural target. While you proudly aspire to “Made in Canada” solutions, there are funding realities that might need to be addressed on the path to global commercialization of exceptional Canadian technologies.
On September 10, we’ll discuss the game plan that can help you overcome these challenges:
- Available funding in Canada for current and future rounds to potentially finance your company
- Obligations, as a Canadian incorporated company, to your current Canadian investors (i.e. grants, tax credits, institutions, financial institutions, government)
- Overcoming US potential investors’ objections to invest in non-US companies
- Logistics and costs to incorporate as a US company
- Immigration under the current business and political environment
- Banking needs
- And more…
This session will bring together experts from key disciplines who will share best practices and examples to help you determine the optimal roadmap for your Canadian life science company.