- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: 43North
July 8, 2019
43North is a startup competition in Buffalo, NY that invests $5 million each year in companies with a deployable product, strong team, and a desire to relocate to Buffalo for at least a year. We’ve invested in 44 companies since coming on the scene as part of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion initiative in 2014. After winning 43North, our companies have gone on to raise more than $200 million and create more than 400 local jobs. See our portfolio here.
Each year, our winners receive a cut of $5 million in investment. Our awards are:
- One investment of $1 million
- Seven investments of $500,000 each
- $500,000 in follow-on funding (to be invested in one or more companies at the end of 2019)
Our winners also receive:
- Mentorship from industry leaders
- 12 months of free incubator space
- Marketing and media exposure
- Freedom from New York State taxes for 10 years, both for their company and the personal income of their employees (for details and eligibility, please consult the STARTUP-NY website)