- This event has passed.
AKCSE X Cansbridge Fellowship Info Session
October 18, 2016 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Are you an entrepreneur?
The Cansbridge Fellowship accelerates Canada’s top entrepreneurial talent with transformational scholarships, connections to the Bay Area and a high-calibre alumni network.
William Yu, founder of the Cansbridge Fellowship, will be visiting UofT as part of a national tour to find 15 of Canada’s top entrepreneurial students. He will be joined by two fellows, Ross Kelley and Victor Li, to explain the program details, their personal experiences, and how to apply.
The Information Session will be held in the Debate Room from 12:30-1:30pm. FREE food will be provided.
The Fellowship Program consists of three components:
1. The Asia Internship
• 15 of Canada’s top university students selected annually
• Stipend of $6000 CAD to cover living and travel expenses
• Task of finding a summer internship anywhere in Asia either at a start up, organization or corporation
2. Bay Area Conference
• Annual conference bringing current and past Fellows from together
• Immersive workshops with tech professionals, entrepreneurs, and VCs
• Access to Bay Area companies through office tours (have previously toured Google, LinkedIn, Airbnb)
3. Entrepreneurial Community
• Network of 75+ Fellows, with alumni spread globally
• Access to wide array of industry expertise throughout network
• Mentorship and coaching to accelerate entrepreneurial development
Founded in 2012, the Association of Korean-Canadian Scientists and Engineers at University of Toronto (AKCSE UofT) is a part of 15 AKCSE school chapters across Canada, established to support young, passionate students across the whole country. We offer various opportunities such as mentorship, journal clubs, networking and scholarships.
The AKCSE UofT Chapter’s vision statement is as follows: To build bridges amongst University of Toronto affiliated Korean-Canadian scientists and engineers and raise future leaders who will contribute in promoting development and prosperity of the research field.